Thursday, May 03, 2007

This is how I make my , "Cherry Blossom" texture plates. Roll a sheet of clay at the thickest setting om the Pasta machine, Fold in half. I like red because it is easy for me to keep my texture plates together in one pile. :) Trim to the size you want. This one is about 2"x3".

The tools I use are the Leather texture tools. I borrowed them from my friend and never returned them. So I put them to the good uses. (Be careful if you ever lend me something, I even dog-sitting for my friend and did not return the dog to her.) Also I use Ball point stylus, knitting needle, screw driver, and what ever I can find around my table that looks interesting. LOL :0

Make a sketch to see where the arrengement is going to look like. At this point I put the clay on a square ceramic tile so I can move it around.Stamp the big flowers first, keep the distance between those flowers by following the sketch.
Stamp the big flowers first, keep the distance between those flowers by following the sketch.
Keep adding more details with those tools and stylus.
I roll the Micro Beads pen over the top to give it a nice texture.
It's look pretty good at this point.

No comments: