Now that I have a few canes made, I had so much fun coming up with the way to use them. Earrings are fun to make because it is fast and easy and sell well.
1. Cut out 4 slides from leaf cane. You can cut 2 thick one but I like mine puffy.
2. Put a small piece of clay in between 2 leaves, close the edge by pressing it with your fingers.
3. Poke a hole on the top, set aside.
4. Now we are going to make like a head pin with clay. First cut 2 pieces of wire of your choice. I used copper wire. Bend it down like so. Roll a scrap clay into a ball then press the wire in it. Now you can use any color scrap clay or using slides from the cane that is not so perfect. Set them aside. Make 2 more using the color that match the flower cane.
5. Now we are going to make flower. Cut 2 fairly thick slides from flower cane. You can stretch them if they are too small. Cut 1/2 way through the slides. Wrap it around the headpin in a way that it spiral up the wire.
6. Wrap some green color cane around the stem. Bake.
7. Using the clay covered headpins to make the loop on top of each leaf and flower.
8. Put them on ear wire of your choice.
There are so many way to use the cane. Hope you have fun with them.
All of the tutorials are free. Some were my own idea, some were inspired by other Artists. If you want to put them somewhere else, please let me know, or just credit me in some way. Thanks. I will start putting more tutorials on my blog. I am still taking care of my daughter but got more time to clay and play. The Polymer Clay community had been given me all the supports I need so I can get through my day. Enjoy the tutorail and there will be more to come.
I started making Polymer clay beads in 2005. I sold my first batch and started sending them out to the bead stores and bead shows. I started a blog to share my experieces with polymer clay and started a tutorial blog to show how I make some of my beads.