Saturday, December 12, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
I bought a necklace a while ago that has 2 star shape pendants, one gold, one silver. It has a face impression on it and the idea came after I made the snowmen; to put a hat on it.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
I love baby food jar, they are cute. Just the right side to keep beads and things in there. Here's how I covered the lid with a holiday theme.
1. Clean the lid and roll out a sheet of clay, White or Red.
2. I am using a mushroom that I made, also cut a piece of wire about 3", curl up one end. The wire will hold the mushroom in place.
3. Put the lid on clay and cut around it, like so.
4. Poke the wire through the clay before covering the lid, smooth the top and side, make sure there is no air bubble.
5. With Gleen clay, roll out small balls, make them into leaf shape, flatten slightly. With needle tool, draw several veins on the leaf. Stick the leaves around the lid.
6. With White & Red clay, make a twisted snake. Roll out tiny balls, stick 3 of then on to each leaf. Now you have holy leavf with berries. Isn't it cute?
7. Squeeze enough liquid clay on the top of the lid, sprinkle with glitter. I used the thing called Crystal dust. It is the tiny glass flake used by the florist. Squeeze a drop of liquid clay near the wire, put the mushroom through the wire. Liquid clay and wire will help stable the mushroom. Bake and enjoy.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Making of the Snowman
I made these snowman beads a few years back. They are so cute for the festive earrings. They are about 1" tall. Don't wait till Christmas Eve when you decide to make them. I am so good this year, I even finished making my Christmas cards. Hum... may be I will show you how I draw and paint my card later. It was fun, but let's start with these Snowman.
1. Clean your Pasta machine and roll out a sheet of white clay. I used the small round Kemper tools to cut out 3 different size pieces. Roll them into balls and stack them together.
2. With small round cutter, make 2 small balls from Red clay. Flatten one to make bottom of the hat, flatten the other one lightly to make the top.
3. Make 3 thin snakes from Red, Green and Gold clay, twisted them together, roll into tiny, tiny rope. Wrap a piece around the hat.
4. Make 2 small balls from Green clay, stick them on the belly.
5. Roll 2 tiny Brown clay to make eyes, then a tiny piece of Orange to make a nose.
6. Make tiny scarf with a strip of Red, Green and Brown clay. Bake and enjoy.
Thursday, October 08, 2009
3. Make a small ball to represent stem, bake.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Now that I have a few canes made, I had so much fun coming up with the way to use them. Earrings are fun to make because it is fast and easy and sell well.
1. Cut out 4 slides from leaf cane. You can cut 2 thick one but I like mine puffy.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
This is how I put my necklace together. I used the flower canes that I made and came up with different variety of beads. Using the scrap or left over to make accents beads, you will get matching beads to help pull the design of the necklace together. I used copper wire to make those small flowers and wrapped the together.
The finished necklace is not the same as the original design shown here. The way the second bead was hanging is not quite right.
I have a few more details to add to the necklace. Hope you get the idea.